I wanted to have a break from normal, day to day stuff at the company (one or the other). But as soon as I got to our destination and I found out, that there is no network coverage nor internet, I started to feel unsafe. One of todays links is about our attention span. For me is also about how addicted to tech and connectivity are we.
- Life is not short- “The most surprising thing is that you wouldn’t let anyone steal your property, but you consistently let people steal your time, which is infinitely more valuable” I’m not sure yet about how I feel about recent wave of stoicism, but this resonates with me. Life is long adventure and is up to us to take as much of it, as possible. Constant chase for money causes days and time to somehow leak, making false impression, that life is short.
- On how smartphones fragment out attention span - I’m becoming more and more aware of this problem, haven’t addressed it yet. But when driving, I only drive. When walking, I try to only walk. Phones are taking more and more of our lives and the worst part is that at expense of most beloved ones. That’s one of the reasons why I don’t have Facebook nor Instagram on my phone.
- Your body knows you’re burned out - there are few obvious points there, but I was not aware of few other. No spoilers, definitelly everyone should read it. And every manager should have this printed, framed and memorized.
- Things I wish everyone knew about Git (Part I) - as in title. Last week I’ve shared the link to a book which will get you better with shell. And you’re probably using git as well, so it’s worth knowing how it works. Nice read - be sure to also go down the rabbit hole.
- Red, white but rarely blue – the science of fireworks colors, explained - we’re moving away from fireworks, but next time you see blue explosion in the sky, be sure to appreciate anyone who created it.
- Huawei MatePad Paper - I’ve just got this. With a little bit of luch I’ll write short summary (I already have some experience using remarkable 2 and Onyx Boox Note 3)